Siemon & Alda Winia
“A few words from our clients”
Our goal is to provide quality service from the heart to our clients. Their feedback is very important. We welcome any comments that they may have for us.
- “My wife is a nurturer and an impeccable homemaker. Unfortunately, she is struggling with advanced glaucoma and is slowly losing her sight. Annapolis Valley Home Care has been able to help her with cleaning once a week so our home remains warm, welcoming and the centre point of our large and loving family.”
Siemon Winia – Kingston
- “My siblings and I have dealt with crisis after crisis with my Dad. Annapolis Valley Home Care went above and beyond to help us get the very best care for him. Our Dad is a Veteran of the Canadian Armed Forces and Annapolis Valley Home Care presented options that we didn’t even know about and offered insights and guidance to help us get him the support he needs. Our Dad has improved so much and we are so pleased!”
The Veinot Family – Lawrenctown
- Thank you for the wonderful help you extended to us in our time of anxiety with Edith. Please tell your CAREgivers how much we appreciate the many thoughtful ways they looked after her ‐ especially getting her to eat, which was great and made her feel so much better! Annapolis Valley Home Care gave Edith the strength she needed to recuperate.”
The Morehouse Family – Berwick
- “We were at a crossroads with our parents when we discovered Annapolis Valley Home Care. Our parents were adamant about staying in their home and since all of their children live out of province we were very concerned about our parent’s ability to manage a household on their own. Annapolis Valley Senior Care was able to step in and provide much needed assistance and therefore reassurance to all of us that our parents were doing well. Dana and her team were able to provide assistance with cleaning, shopping, banking and medical appointments. They even provided advice on diet and nutrition and prepared meals to support senior parents. What was most comforting and reassuring for me was the fact that I could be sure that Dana would call or email me if anything unusual was happening with the folks or if anyone was ill.
Lynn Townsend, Ottawa Ontario
- Staying in my home and keeping my independence are huge priorities for me. When I was visited by your coordinator, she was the first of several local companies that had been contacted by my nephew who was visiting from Toronto. We were so impressed with the interview that I signed immediately for your services. I have enjoyed the support of your caregivers for over two years. There has never been an appointment missed and all of your caregivers have been cheerful helpers. Each week I make a list of possible tasks. They include: changing bed linens, two loads of washing, and a warm water foot-soak in Epsom Salts (as requested by the VON nurse who visits every six weeks for foot-care). As well, my caregiver dries and applies lotion to my feet. Talk about luxury treatment. My hobbies are supported that matter to me a lot including: changing cables on my computers and some basic gardening involving inside plants and a few outdoors.Recently I asked Janet if she would tidy up my refrigerator for me. She proceeded to remove everything from the frig; threw away a few dated cans of food; washed inside and out with hot soapy water to make sure there was no bacteria. This is how she typically acts on my requests.Every session I have with one of your caregivers renews my spirits and I am ready to tackle the demands of that day and well beyond. Your administrative and support staff are impressive whether by phone, emails or regular visits to assess how I am doing. Congratulations Annapolis Valley Home Care.
Peter Smale, Wolfville
- My family first engaged the services of Annapolis Valley Home Care in the fall of 2010. We began with a modest ten hours of care per week. Over the next three and a half years the level of care grew to more than one hundred and thirty hours per week, making it possible for my mother and father-in-law to remain together in their own apartment, despite some serious health issues. The management staff were also very understanding of our need for consistency of personal care workers in the scheduling. Numerous times when another agency worker or family member was unable to provide care, Annapolis Valley Home Care would come to our rescue with a replacement, usually with only a few hours of notice. The personal care workers themselves were knowledgeable, pleasant, dedicated and considerate of the needs of my parents. I deeply appreciate the supportive and also professional manner of all the staff members. I am pleased to highly recommend their in-home care services.
Jill Cox, Middleton